The Art of Letting God

Friday, February 17, 2012

 Forget the former things; 
   do not dwell on the past. 
 See, I am doing a new thing! 
   Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? 
I am making a way in the wilderness...
Isaiah 43:18-20

I spent my new year's eve looking back at 2011, remembering how God had been so great and faithful to me. I just want to share this beautiful season I had last February 2011. Looking where I am now with God, I feel this infinite wonderment in my heart. I am really in awe!

February (2011) was very terrible for me. After obeying God, I learned that it's never really a one time big time transaction. Letting go of relationships  doesn't happen like magic, that in a snap of my fingers, all the feelings of attachment will be flushed away. Everyone knows this struggle of moving on and forgetting people that found a place in your life. Coldplay perfectly described this in a song...  "Nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard. " and yes, I also sang that so loud every time, to numb up the longing. Hahaha! You know what makes 'moving on' so hard? It's probably because your phone becomes too silent and inbox turns empty. or the missing cheesy lines and flattering honeyed words. or even simple good mornings and good nights. Ugh. *cringe*

I remember how everyday was an ongoing battle for me. Everyday, I would beg God for the grace to help me renew my mind, to remind me to let go of the feelings and to completely convince me that I just made the right decision. I remember waking up one morning, I grasped for my Bible while my eyes were still closed because I was just tooooo depressed! I tell you, God was so quick in answering the needs of my heart. With my depressed spirit and struggling heart, God made me stumble upon this encouraging passage...
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me...O Lord, for I hide myself in you. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your good spirit lead me on  level ground. For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve my life; in your righteousness bring me out of trouble." - Psalm 143:8-11
"A woman's heart should be so hidden in God, that a man must seek Him to find her."
Reading that relieved me. It was really an intimate time and moment with Him. It was comforting and refreshing. God just couldn't lavish more of His love on me. I just believe that when God calls us to obey him, he also teaches us HOW to obey. When God gives us battles, He arms us with strength, and He equips us with abounding grace to have a victorious fight. God won't give us battles just to watch us being defeated. It's not hard to move forward if you face the battle with God. I just realized that God didn't want us obey only to give us a hard time, but so we will have a chance to rely on Him even more.  He loves me, He wants to protect and secure us and He wants us to enjoy His best and not settle for something that is only temporarily good. Knowing this truth, moving forward isn't so hard after all. Here are few points that I learned from last year...

Don't try to forget, rather focus and fall in love with God more and more. Sometimes when relationships end, we tend to focus too much on forgetting that person-- it could be unfriending him in Facebook, or deleting him in your contact list, or whatever. We forget that if we do these things, the whole thing is still about that person. But when we draw back our attention to God, meditating his word, worshipping him, immersing ourself in his love, surely the rest will just fade into the background. Before you notice it, you don't care about him as much as you did before. If we focus on God, he will also draw our eyes  and our hearts on the things that He loves. Remember, when you are missing a that cheesy sms, God gave you an entire book of truth to show his love for you.

You deserve God's best. "...Do not throw your pearls to pigs" Jesus said in Matthew 7:6. Well, I'm not saying that he is a pig, haha, but let's just be careful that we do not give something precious to someone, who at best, cannot recognize its beauty, or at worst will trample on it. If we know what Jesus has done for us, we should know that we are treasures and pearls. Our feminine heart, our beauty, they're something to be preserved.

God's love is always more than enough for us. I am secured, Jesus is my bridegroom.
How beautiful you are, my darling! How beautiful you are! Song of Songs 1:15  
The King is enthralled with your beauty, honor Him for he is your Lord. Psalms 45:11  
Like a lily among thorns, is my darling among the maiden. Song of Songs 2:2   
I exult for joy in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God, for he has wrapped me in the cloak of integrity, like a bridegroom wearing his wreath, like a bride adorned in her jewels. Isaiah 61:10

Trust God's perfect time.
Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. Song of Songs 2:7  
But seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be given to you. Matthew 6:33  
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:3
 You didn't lose anything from obeying, yet you I gained everything in Christ.
What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ. Philippians 3:8
 Draw strength from God.  Eat chocolates. Don't text him. Don't reply. Move on. If we rely on our strength, nothing will happen. It's only God's grace that will enable us to do God's will. If you are hurting, remember "By Jesus' wounds we are healed." 
My heart and my flesh may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
After all, God lets these things happen to capture our hearts once again. These serve as a turning point, making us fall in love with Him more and making us see that He is the God of all the areas of our life. God doesn't take away things from us for no reason. It's His way to reveal himself more to us. I am more than thankful to God for that season, it was indeed an opportunity for me to get to know Him more... Be blessed by my friend's testimony about finding true Love from a heartbreak. :)


And in that moment of glorious surrender
was the moment you broke the chains in me
lifted out of the ashes
I am found in the aftermath.
- Aftermath by Hillsong



You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I love your blog and I've joined it thanks to this post. All the best of you and good luck with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is AWEsome. And I'm sure God brought me here for a reason. I'm just a "baby blogger" learning the ropes. I've been praying to meet people with like minds in this "side of the world". My heart knows that I will be sent tons of angels...now I stumble to another one. Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dear, all praises to God! Thank You very much! I hope that these words were able to speak Life to your heart! Keep up your blog, there is so much power in writing. God bless you! :)

      Delete
  3. hey beautiful.. thank you so much for such an inspiring article. God bless you more and more! all the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You very much! God bless you too! :))

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email