"Angel"

Sunday, March 18, 2012



"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.” And he worshiped the LORD there.- Hannah, I Samuel 1:27-28
read more about this story here.

'When I was little, my mother told me that I was a piece of blue sky that came into this world because she and my father loved me so much.  I was a godsend baby, a baby from above, made out of their great love, never-ending patience, and highest hopes. I was their possible against all impossible and most of all, I was their dream come true. When I was old enough, I came to understand that not all has my story. You know, one movie I can never forget says that in space they've got all these souls flying around, looking for bodies to live in, and here on earth destiny happens to create all these babies. Others stick to their beautiful plans of perfect families. Some babies were even engineered.  Others were born out of the most royal and romantic love story in the world. Some even say that most babies are coincidences... Sure you hear all these stories, but I was grateful and contented that what my mother had told me was exactly my very simple story. The story of my life, I wasn't anything, but a miracle.'

Now here I am, romanced by God again, drowning in His love, and feeling this infinite gratefulness for the life He gave me. Twenty five years ago, after 5 years of being married to my father, my Mom had the worst news of her life. It had been confirmed that she got severe ovulation problems, because there were cyst formation and adhesion that caused her dysfunctional ovaries. (ok, medical words that i really couldn't explain) The doctor told her that it was impossible for her to bear a child. 
I may never be able to picture for myself all of my parents' frustrations and desperation, or grasp the heights of their hopes to still build a family nor experience their devotion and faith in God for a miracle, but there are only few things that I surely know. One is that we're all sharing this abundant JOY in celebrating my Life today. and, I'm now typing out and sharing my story because I could no longer contain all that joy in my heart.
"The very first genuine personal prayer I uttered to God (someone who I really don't know yet) was when I found out that you were in my womb." - Mama 
The verse in 1 Samuel tells me that I am worshipping an amazing, awesome and unchanging God. I believe that there was only one ingredient to my life. As soon as the whole family learned the news, my Grandmother, who'd always been very faithful to God, visited a Pastor and asked him to pray for my mom. He prayed and spoke blessing to my family. Indeed, the prayers here on earth start all the action in heaven. What He did thousands of years ago to Hannah, He still does today. God granted my life even when the natural and the physical didn't permit it.  He started my life with a miracle, and had never stopped performing miracles every single day. Now tell me, what else could I do aside from offering and giving back this life to Him? Just like Samuel's life, my whole life will be given over to the Lord. God,  I can forget all the things in this world, but not this kind of faithfulness that You did 20 years ago. Every single day, every morning as I wake up, every night before I sleep, I will remember Your goodness and Your love thus I will honor You!

Yet You brought me out of the womb; You made me trust in You…From birth I was cast upon You. From my mother’s womb You have been my God. From birth I have relied on You, you brought me forth from my mother’s womb. I will ever praise You.  ♥♥♥ Ps 22:9-10
More than my existence granted 20 years ago, my FULL life was already granted on the cross 2000 years ago! Thank You Father!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi sis, thanks for following me, followed you back..
    You know what, I have read you profile and was amazed though you said you're not a writer, but you are... A gifted one, indeed an "angel" in disguise. I really admire you especially your family for having you as their daughter. As I was reding your story, I can't help but tears fell down my eyes. I don't understand why,maybe I just remembered and misses my dear sister.. but was happy knowing you here... Want to read and hear from you more. See you around!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Karen! :)) Thank You so much for your comment. You're such a sweetie. You made me feel so blessed. All praises to God! You just also inspired me to share some more... :)) Why, what about your sister? I'd love to hear your story! :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email