MV Logos Hope

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I have experienced something really new and exciting this week! The world's largest floating library and book fair voyages to Manila! MV Logos Hope is a Christian non-profit organization that sails all over the world selling books to bring knowledge, help and hope! :) I really feel so blessed for this experience. I've never stepped into a ship before and my first time was just so special. Haha! I was never a fan of books and I really didn't care about the hard-bound macroeconomics, world politics and astronomy books sold for only P500! :) What I enjoyed the most was seeing great, awesome and passionate people in action. The aura inside the store was just lovely!! Nice Christian music playing. Old man carrying his basketful of great books. Little children jumping for joy with their cute books.(One kid shouts 'This is the best day everrr!!' after her mom paid for her books!) Also, you can really see the LOVE and PASSION in the faces of their staffs --Indonesians, Malaysians, Europeans and even Filipinos gathered together for a great cause. There were 400 volunteer staffs from 50 different cultures. 
I kind of spent much for couple of great books. I'm sure the money will go to worthy and meaningful cause. I got two great books and I bought my Dad a very nice study Bible. I can't wait to give it to him when we see each other. I also bought one student application Bible for myself! Yaaay! :) I hope I could work and volunteer on something like this someday! :)) Thank You God for this, I pray that you continue to bless this awesome mission!









 So he got up and went to his father. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him." (Luke 15:20)







Life is a journey. 
We're all going somewhere, but where are we going?

For more details about this, check this blog.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so amazing! I never knew there was a ship like this. Tons of books in a vessel floating along the oceans and seas: sounds delightful and just the kind of place I'd like to visit :)) I'm a huge fan of the written word, yes indeedy :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jeanine!! Yes, it was really amazing! Check out their website, they have scheduled visits in many countries around the world. they might go to your place too! :))

      Delete

Follow by Email