To Be Tangible

Thursday, March 08, 2012


I've been so consumed with all my academic works lately... I just caught myself deluged in so much stressssssssss and pressssssure. Deadlines to meet, papers to do, reports to prepare, tons of articles to read. Last night, while I was backing up my files, I've stumbled upon these pictures, and I believe it was just God reminding me of his refreshing grace. I remember what I've learned from the book Captivating, it says there 'our lives CHANGE when we discover how much romance there is in God'. God yearns to share a life of beauty and delight with us. And He filled this world with so much love... The rivers, meadows, beaches. The flowers, the skies, the music... But we have a way of forgetting all those, because we prefer to lose ourselves in work and worry. We just totally ignore these things.

Below, you'll see nothing but zoomed in shots of flowers, and even weeds. I know for sure some wouldn't understand why I make a great deal out of this. This line from the book perfectly speaks for me: 'The air was crisp...I breathed in the beauty and laid the cares of the day behind me. As I walked, I was dazzled in the splendor of it all. It's so beautiful, Lord. It's so beautiful." God knows how powerful memories can linger in my heart. Then He showed me the pictures again, and I just totally felt all the feelings and emotions from that moment running back in the stressful world I'm in now. *Deep breath* It was a great, wonderful and refreshing time with God. Through His creations, I've tasted and seen a glimpse of my Creator. So here it is, I refresh myself once again...Look at the pictures carefully, and you'll see more. :)))






I know in my heart that God designed the flower to bloom just to impress and amaze me. 







My babaw happiness!! Call me mababaw, but I really choose to live a CHILD in awe of my God and the things that He  has made. I can't wait to have another getaway and be completely romanced by God! :) Take time to see these small things around you, I tell you, it will move your heart big time. When there's just so much work and  when we get so burned out by all the stress, remember how God invites us to rest and enjoy the things he made for us. wherever you are, whatever kind city you live in, traffic or not, you don't need to find a wild flower or exotic weed to cheer you up. Look at the cirrus or the cumulus clouds. or the twigs of the trees. It's God begging for your smile!!! :)

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. 
1Chronicles 29:11


You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills 


will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email