The Summer Sweetheart

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

If summer could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.
I got a pocketful, got a pocketful of sunshine. I got a love and i know that is all mine, oh, oh oh oh. oh yeah! This most-awaited season of the year never fails to draw an invincible smile on my face as I recall its most loving moments. Indeed, during this time of the year, life boasts so much sunshine as the days are longer, skies are bluer and golden afternoons are just simply more delightful.

All throughout the school year, God gently blossomed a proactive nature in me. So this summer is really like no other. I came to realize that I really don't need a bucket list because even simplest moments can turn to amazing and euphoric adventures. Even commonplace activities become extraordinary and simple experiences come with a heightened delight. The first thing I did this summer was simply to make a decision-- I'm going to be like Phineas and Ferb-- build roller coaster in my backyard. Uh huh.

Early mornings. Finally learned and embraced the habit of waking up early. This was a challenge to me. but with determination, it can be achieved.  How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? (Prov 6:9) and Do not love sleep or you will grow poor; stay awake and you will have food to spare (Prov 20:13)


Quiet Time. It's a lifestyle of craving the word. If we pray and talk to God, why not listen to Him and hear what He says by reading His word. As the sun shines brighter, may my heart's passion burn for more of your Word. The longest chapter of Psalm, Psalm 119, tells us about this. Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.


Home Sweet Home. There's no place like home. enough said. Iloilo! :))


Beach and Bliss. Crystal clear water and sugar-fine white sand, life couldn't get any better on the beach! Swimming, cruising, kayaking, snorkeling and cliff diving,  Thank You Boracay! :) “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." says Jesus in Matthew 11:28


Summer of Service. I volunteered for a 2-week immersion, to teach children in a farming community. It was an amazing, eye-opening, and even life changing experience. I've had with me a beautiful foster family, a bunch of loving kids and my awesome SOS team. God wants me to slowly climb the ladder of this passion. and I'm believing for more of this. I hope I can come up with a separate entry for this.

Galatians 5:13-14
For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 
Random Places. During the Summer of Service, the team had a chance to go around and visit beautiful places on weekends for further planning and evaluation, and of course, for bliss and rest. Surely both words and pictures will never be enough to justify the experience.




The Golden Coin. As usual. What's summer without this? I was blessed enough to consecutively watch the mighty Sun for one week. I've seen it in the middle of a road trip setting in an open sea. It was like my wall paper came to life. or behind the silhouettes of the acacia trees. or while we stroll in the river it hid behind a sugar mill leaving a vanila-pink sky. Totally a love affair with the sun.


From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised.

Redefining Summer was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. Chos. I learned how summer is not meant for television, late night affairs, or simply just a time...free from school obligations. thus you can spend it bumming around and doing nothing. For students like me, summer is really a wonderful time, where God brings us to a brand new (short-lived) season of a different essence, which you can allot for other special and important things in life! Maximize summer, it's all yours! and it's so not over!! Happy Sumer! :)


Step out of the door. Adventure awaits.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Follow by Email