God's Not Dead

Thursday, June 21, 2012

"Let's pause for a moment of silence to talk to the Supreme Being. That, if you believe there is one."  said my professor before he gave our class a long quiz. 

Well, I am a social science major. Consular and Diplomatic Affairs to be exact. I'm all soaked up in the world. 24/7, almost literally, I'm exposed to the trends and the patterns of the world. I study social realities, culture, theories, frameworks, beliefs and humanity. Name it all-- from war, diplomacy, human trafficking, abortion, genocide to all those things that are seemingly very hopeless. Because of my passion for this field, there's never a time that I don't feel troubled, burdened, fascinated, or absorbed by the different realities that I see. It is really inevitable that my personal views are challenged. Severely challenged. Everyday, I praise God for I have been so secured in Him. 

I'm swimming in an ocean of highly philosophical creatures.

My course requires me to be open-minded. I have to accept and entertain anything and everything under the sun, or sometimes be influenced by it --regardless of the source, morals and values. I'm ought  to be neutral, nondiscriminatory, tolerant and permissive. Everyday is a routine of philosophical discussions that are completely opposite to the tings I believe in. As I drive into this journey, it's "Time to buckle up and fasten your faith belts." My course thinks bringing up God in the international arena is funny. and absurd. It laughs at the issues about the backward actions of the church. It promotes abortion because it's the women's rights. The idea of creation is ridiculous. It is  very barbaric. Supernatural, never heard


I am writing this not to condemn people who reject God, nor to force anyone to believe. These are just my personal thoughts about my circumstance. These are the things that have been personally revealed to me since day one of the battle. Things that I see and consider as truth. These are also not intended to justify God. I know, I never need to. 
  • We are not just intellectual beings. There are a lot of people today that think really really smart. They are hard core when they analyze things, issues, problems and realities. They reason out with all and the best of their efforts. "Be rational." "Be logical." "Bring out facts. Bring out knowledge." Really? Really?
Who endowed the heart with wisdom or gave understanding to the mind? -God, Job 38:36-37
As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  Isaiah 55:9
Incompleteness of life that cannot be explained in terms of reason alone. Limit reason and Make room for faith. Ashort space of 60 years will never confine the whole imagination of men. (Toquefield, Democracy in America) 
  • We are limited. Very limited. Whether we admit it or not, we can only reason, think and comprehend for so much. At the end of the day, "one vapor or a drop of water is enough to kill us." In the map of your own city, you, your face, you're already nowhere to be found. We even fear death. Accepting God and the fact that we are finite, even fragile, is not ignorance. it's humility. There are things that we can be very goot at. We have potentials and capabilities. But let us not blind ourselves with too much pride. We just have to set apart essential beliefs that complete our personhood. When we're too full of ourselves, we sometimes forget that we are merely a speck in the physical universe. I don't insist, but we all know how we suffer life.

Look at humanity.

  • We are  also teleological, ethical and spiritual beings. We are in search of meaning. We need a purpose. We are restless, we are fighting and searching for our identity. and security. We search for them in many places. We are sensitive to what is right and wrong. No wonder why we feel bad when we see genocide, violence and terrorism. We are pleased with charities and generosity. We embrace kindness. Look at us. Are we just bags of flesh and bones and chemical substances? By nature, we have souls that are dying for compassion.We want to be accepted. We want love, we want care, and we want to survive the daily deaths that this world brings. We are restive. There is a profound sense of anxiety and restlessness. We have  perpetually dissatisfied souls. We are in constant pursuit of happiness and well-being. And once achieved, we distract ourselves from our own happiness because we are never contented. Self-defeating pursuit of happiness. And the more we desire, and the more it feels like it eludes our grasp. It is sad that many are deceived when the world tells us that we can find solutions just by advocating human rights, human equality, and dignity of a person. Yes, these things are helpful. Question, for how long and how much? Where did that desire for value came from in the first place.
                           
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11.  
The incomplete joys of this world will never suffice for his heart. There is something we desire beyond the here and now that only faith can suffice. the soul exhibits a kind of longing a desire for eternity. The limit of physical existence. 
  •  Man vs. God.  Humans, we have a design. We are not an accident. Do we seriously think that we came from random mixtures and combinations of algae and whatever bacteria which eventually became apes? Come on. We have a default setting. We embrace life, we cry, we laugh, we think and we love. It's clearly not an accident. BUT. Most people feels F-ed up. We feel empty. We feel like we're completely a mess. We feel worthless. and sometimes we blame God for this misery. We mock him. We throw up insults thinking we know better. Sometimes, we even hate him. Do we actually know who he is and his role in human lives?
"Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorant words?Brace yourself like a man. I will question you, and you shall answer me." - God, Job 38:2
Here are the questions. Ponder on His questions and answer with a yes or a no. :)) 
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3 
 When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, 

the moon and the stars, which you have set in place

what is mankind that you are mindful of them,

    human beings that you care for them?
Psalms 8:

Truth is, distortion and the fall came into the picture through Sin. It blemished us. It blinded us. It distorted the original design. I tell you, God is not just sitting there watching you. 
For we are God’s handiwork... Ephesians 2:10 
  • Go back to God. To the God who seemed so ridiculous for us. Go back to the Creator. Let us go back to the original design. We are made for and by love, all for love. We are all about love. We are a subject of Love. He has plans for us. He has purposes for us. I know we can still see imprints and traces of beauty in us. God redeemed us on the cross to have that absolute beauty once again. We are wonderful because our creator is very wonderful. Let us not fool ourselves by creating and painting our own picture of a wrong God. God defines us and it is not us who define Him. I hope and pray that we will get to know Him and desire for a personal relationship with Him before we listen and believe what the world tells us. God has set apart a very beautiful life for all those who love Him. and it's available for everyone.
"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." Jeremiah 31:3
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
(all pictures from Tumblr.com) 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Very Interesting Blog!
    All Glory To God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you freely write about this; many could find this to be controversial. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find out more about it here:
    http://thequantumview.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-award.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelsea! Yes, these are simply my personal views that I just share. :) Thank You!! I will post an entry for it as soon as I find time! :))) Very interesting!! :)))

      Delete

Follow by Email