Most Memorable Sun Dates

Monday, September 17, 2012

Paint my love, you should paint my love.
It's the picture of a thousand Sunsets.
- Paint my love,Michael learns to rock

This unexplainable love affair with the sun is really like no other. like no other. No words could ever describe the fetish. One thing I know for sure--the sunset has always been God's way to my heart. It's Him painting His love for me. I would climb rooftops to rooftops to catch the sunset. I even remember climbing a toilet seat in the wilderness of Taft Avenue just to watch one. (hihihi, OA but true) Well, it all started way back in my hometown. Iloilo has never failed to bring out the best of the sun. But for almost 2 years now, living in a city like Manila, golden afternoons and colorful nights were very very rare. It has been raining for months now, if not, smog filled skies desaturate the picture and I never had that easy spot to watch it.

The Feeling: Every time the sun sets, or nearly sets, I'm like a bat waking up to a new season and rushing to get out of my cave. or like a werewolf howling on a full moon. I would start feeling that beautiful restlessness; filled with excitement, my eyes get so itchy just to watch that scene. Even if I get the chance to watch it everyday, each and every sun experience is ultra-super-duper breathtaking and of course each is just so special, as if I've seen it for the first time. Each sunset experience has a story to tell (Emotions I could never paint in words). Some of my friends find this silly, the kind of apathy that I'd never understand. =)

I miss them terribly so I spent a little time to reminisce my best sunset experiences and just decided to share it to everyone. and yeah, count sunrise in! They are rare. (except for all-nighters) They are extra special, because it takes a miracle for me to wake up very early.


August 26, 2009 This was one of the first few sunrises of my life. I was not a morning person, so I only had few chances of catching the sunrise. This was taken August 26th of 2009. It was very special; I remember waking up to my best friend's text message telling me that her dad (Tito Ike), someone we all admire,  died, after months of fighting against cancer. I smiled for the sunrise, and yet I cried for my best friend and for Tito's life.
2009. This one is a post-sunset.  Hihihi! I was a senior highschool, circa 2009, when I took this picture during after class sessions with my guy-barkada while they play basketball. We had this kind of view every after class! :)
November 2010. This was taken from a cab ride on a random schoolday of first year college; after our classes in University of San Agustin, me and my high school friends would travel back to West (HS school) just to hangout or watch Nikki and Angelica rehearse for their dance sports. Here you see a little distorted mammatus clouds. 
February 21, 2010. After 2 years, I finally got to see Boracay with all of my cousins. This was the last sunset I shared with Owie, a cousin and a sister who passed away a month after this picture was taken. I miss her so much!
March 13, 2010 This was my first time to watch the sunset during a flight. I was heading to Manila for my Benilde College Entrance exams. The sunset was way more glorious from up there. Oh actually, the sun looked the same, stunning as usual.

May 2, 2010 This day was Owie's 17 birthday. We had a barbecue party over the memorial garden...
December 11, 2010 It was my first time to watch a beautiful sunset since I transferred in Manila. I actually sneaked out of EGI's rooftop (restricted area, since it is one of the most ancient buildings in our area). This is from Manila Bay! :))

April 2, 2011 This one was taken just after we landed in Cagayan De Oro City! The City of Golden friendships. This was so special because it was my first time to ever visit Mindanao. Shari (my roommate) brought me here; Her parents were talking to me but I couldn't listen well because I was so distracted with the sunset. =))
January 13, 2011 This, so far, was the best sunset I've seen in Boracay. Boracay's one of the best places in the world to watch the sunset. Along the beach, you would see people stop from whatever they're doing, take out cameras, set up tripods and pose against the magical backdrop.

December 2010. This was taken during one of my occasional visits in Iloilo. I was with Jestan when I took this picture. He's my closest guy friend/ best friend from High School. I always enjoy hanging out with him, he's always available for mini-adventures!

January 10, 2011. My first time to watch the sunset in MOA with Shari before leaving home for Iloilo!

April 19, 2012 This was taken during my one-day stay in Iloilo City last summer. I had the best time watching this sunset with my High school friends. We had lots of silhouette shots here! :))

Of course, I have more. But these are my favorites. Oh well, it has been almost 4 months of no sunset. Or I just couldn't remember the last time I have seen one. indeed beautiful things in life are those that do not last. What's something in this world that captures your heart? Take time to have wonderful moments with that and let God romance you!! :))

From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised.
Psalms 113:3

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Interesting blog :) I love all your pics!
    I'm interested in Philippines so i'll be nice to read your blog!I'm following you :)

    You can follow my life here in Utah USA if you want as well http://tonnomura.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Come to the Philippines! :))

      Delete

Follow by Email