How to Register for Voting this coming Election

Monday, October 15, 2012



Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit...
Romans 12:11

One of the very simple personal accomplishments that made me very happy this season was my successful registration for Voting. As what I've learned from a wise folk, I should consider this as a Rite of Passage. I don't know why I had to wait for two years just to register for this. Practicing our right to vote is something that would signify maturity as this shows us how we are to respond to our responsibilities as citizens and as people of this nation. It is our little contribution that springs to big action and big change to the country. We are very privileged to live in a country with more freedom when it comes to choosing our leaders; unfortunately, we tend to remain apathetic towards this special right. Most people think that the electoral registration is a very complicated process. Actually, it is very easy. It only took me a little more than 30 minutes to register. Here, let me share to you those very simple steps:

1. Go to your nearest City Hall/ Municipality Office and find your Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Office there.

2. Give them one valid ID (student ID, Driver's license, Passport, etc.) and fill out three copies of the Application Form.

3. The applicant's Biometrics (photograph capture, fingerprints capture, signature capture) will be digitally captured

4. Receive your Acknowledgment Receipt.


Visit their website for more details.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email