Beach Please

Friday, April 01, 2016


I counted the days - it took me 391 days to finally set my feet on the beach again. That's more than a year, and if you are in a tropical paradise like the Philippines, man, that's quite a long time!! And you know, considering that I used to be a mermaid in my past life... Haha. This weekend was all I ever needed.



I spent less than 48 hours in Iloilo for my Lola's 93rd birthday - so short but it was a medley of perfect moments. Sometimes, I love how weekends are so short-lived as you’re left with no choice but make the best time out of it... I had a Beach To-Do List and made sure I don't miss anything. Because Adventure is an attitude. It doesn't always just happen. You have to make it happen. It's not always about the place that you go to, but how you make use of your time while you're there. 

Unplug.
I am always tempted to take photos (moment after moment) edit and gram them. and Facebook. and Snapchat. and check on every notif that pops on the screen. This is the number one spoiler! #SelfControl. I deliberately got rid of my phone, uploaded a photo or two, and just be there, intentionally living in the moment.
Swim for as loooong as you want. 
Swimming has always been one of my #MoodGoals. I didn't mind even when it was too hot, it was a dream date with the sea and the sun. I started swimming at 2 pm until around 7pm.. Swimming during the sunset was pure bliss. There, I lost all kinds of tension, freely rested my back against the water and watched the gradient skies dim in sheer glory. As the sun dipped into the horizon, the breeze got colder, the water warmer, and the waves calmer…”Ahh, Lord, I have never felt this good in a very long time!!!”
Get some rest. 
There were hammocks and lovely cottages everywhere. I rested beneath coconut trees as the sound of the waves sang me to sleep...and I felt like a new born baby after waking up from the best nap of my life. Ahh, sometimes, we fail to realize how tired we are until we get to taste that rest.
Spend some time star gazing. 
I planned to practice some astrophotography and was so excited to shoot the stars. But my camera already died before the sunset. Ugh, it was so frustrating but that moment was exactly how it should be…totally free from any form of distraction. I even opted not to sleep inside our cottage, and literally slept under the stars! I finally had my five-billion star accommodation. :”>  There was no electricity in the island, and the night sky looked exactly like those photos in Nat Geo or Milky Way Scientist, and I shedded tears of joy looking at them! It was breathtakingly beautiful. There was one moment where I couldn’t help but whisper prayers of awe and worship, “God, you are so real… You could have chosen to create a mediocre, less beautiful, earth... but look at  You, look at this!!!” and, it got even crazier, hee, just out of curiosity, I thought “God, show me you are watching me now, could you say ‘Hello!’” and  in less than a second, a long streak of shooting star appeared!!! #CallMeCrazyBut…
Catch the Sunrise. 
We were on a shoal, and the sand bar allows you to watch both the sunset and the sunrise. When I was almost sleepless from stargazing, I promised my Dad that I’d wake up before the sunrise and take a walk with him. That was a meaningful moment for us. My father’s always been early riser and a great morning-person, he’s invited me for countless of times to jog/run/walk with him, but unfortunately, I just can’t do it… Finally, here it was, my very first time (in twenty plus years of existence) to partake in his sacred morning habit. Haha!
Have lots of fun! 
I ran, swam and almost flew! I spent quality time with my family, especially with my cousin. We explored the little island, took lots and lots of photos (allotted time for this, of course), built sand castles, hunted for starfishes, caught up with each other and had the best time together...

“Please go to the beach and do these…” had been on top of my agenda for a long time, and I don’t know what took me so long to finally do it. Now I know I have to do this a little more often. We have two or three more months to go to indulge in the beauty of summer… Please go to the beach. I’ll sea you there, that’s for shore!!! 
Love,
Angel

***


Location: Sand Bar, Concepcion, Iloilo
How To Get there: Ugh. Call me! I'll tell you. HAHAHA 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Glad I found this blog, I enjoy reading your posts. You are lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email